Thursday 28 July 2011

Raw Flapjacks

One of the cooked foods we used to have in the house a lot, because Pras just loved them, was flapjacks.  Even now, about once a year, I can be found making an occasion batch of regular cooked Flapjacks  (yes, with butter, sugar etc etc) because he misses them (it suspect it's the Scot in him that loves those oats so much!).  He's not really so great with dairy and sugar though, so putting the raw/cooked side of things aside, regular flapjacks just aren't a brilliant option for his health.

Pras almost always prefers raw vegan desserts to the typical kind anyway, so this week I finally got around to experimenting with a plain and simple flapjack recipe which has a lot of potential for variation.  This is how they looked <3


What I absolutley adored about these is that they take about 5 minutes to make and they don't need any dehydration.  I don't have anything against dehydrated flapjacks but, I'm not so keen on dry and heavy foods and dehydrated flapjacks can be a little too crumbly for my liking. There is a lot to be said to the convenience of how quick these were to make. They got the thumbs up from Pras too, which is the most important part of this experiemnt!  He's now hopeful that he'll get to have Flapjacks more than once a year :)

I'm sure I'll be back in the future with some variations and spin off from this base recipe.  Of course, they can be made with either raw or regular oats, whichever is prefered.

5 comments:

Egg said...

IS there a recipe?!

Raw Faerie said...

Hi Egg, I'm still working with this recipe so, it's not quite ready for sharing yet :)

Anonymous said...

Is it ready for sharing now?!?! They look delicious!

Unknown said...

I 2nd this request! Is there a recipe yet?

Danu said...

Would love a recipe! :) x