Tuesday 29 March 2011

One of my raw gourmet favourites

Mostly I thrive on fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds, sprouts, smoothies and juices.   But from time to time I like to make something that is raw and gourmet.  It might be a little more time consuming and take some extra planning, but I find that it's worth the effort if you're wanting to have something extra special!

I would find it dificult to eat raw gourmet everyday but I suspect it's the only way my husband could ever change over to high raw. He really loves raw foods that come out of the dehyrator and I'm guessing that's because they are warming.  Warm raw food served straight from the dehydrator and on to warm plates is an excellent way to get some raw but warming foods in the colder months.

Making gourmet raw food recipes is really rewarding.  I like making a more complicated and attractive looking meal that is completely raw.  But only from time to time.  That said, this recipe is almost as easy as raw gourmet gets.

I made this meal last week and it is from a recipe that is available free online from the raw chef (Russell James).  It is full of fresh herbs and almonds and has an Italian flavour. I like to serve it on sliced spinach and fresh raw vegetable pasta.  You can find the Raw Chef recipe here.


No comments: