Monday 21 March 2011

Carrot and Raisin Bread

Served warm, straight from the dehydrator
This was the first time I've made these but I have been thinking about putting a recipe together for them for a while now.  I think I was very lucky that they worked out so well!

It's a Carrot and Raisin bread packed with raw carrots, apples and dates.  I put this batch in the dehydrator on Friday morning and it was ready for breakfast on Saturday.  I really love these because they are naturally sweet - no need for any added sweeteners like agave.


The closest texture I can compare these to is a dense bread or toast.  They are easily torn or cut, not hard like a cracker or biscuit or crumbly like a cake.  We enjoyed these with some freshly made raw berry jam for breakfast on Saturday. 




No comments: